Wednesday, July 18, 2007

RSS Thing

I did it, finally. It took me about 2 weeks. I gotta say, from a non-computer-literate point of view, the directions were fairly non-existent. I tried to listen and watch the little tutorial videos but that wasn't happening because it would stop running after about 30 seconds. Miriam, again, came to my rescue. Katie showed me how to add my RSS links to my blog. I wish that had been further explained.
My problem is that, being part-time, I only have so many opportunities at work to *play around* with the lessons. I can't really afford the time to experiment. I, personally, would prefer specific typed-up instructions for me to follow to the letter. Otherwise, I get pretty frustrated........

1 comment:

JimD said...

Congratulations for forging through this. Of all the 'things' RSS is definitely something that will be handy for us to know about. If we ever provide it to our customers it will be good for us to have had at least a little experience with it.

I'm sorry that that was such a challenge. It's true that step by step instructions would help for a lot of these activities. Still, a secondary goal of the project is for us all to get the hang of learning in an online environment. With schedules, hours, and staffing getting tighter all the time, I think more and more training is going to be coming to us this way. It's not as comfortable as step-by-step training but I think that figuring it out makes it stick in our minds a little better. I hope so anyway!